Excellent thread Chris..
Good things about this car:
- It's designed by GM Australia which is light years ahead of GM USA.. Retiring GTO is a great car.. Probably more reliable, better interior, new platform
- 6.2 V8 is a GEM of an engine, very efficient on the highways, and It's tunable to insane powers on the cheap.. (Tons of aftermarket for Corvette engine)
- This car is newer GM platforms (read: stiffer and handles better)
- GM constantly runs 0 apr for 5-6 years, This car with no interest for many years would ROCK..
- I have a GM credit card and earn like 5% toward any GM car...
New CTS-V is rumoured to have AWD and 7.0 V8 from Z06.... Thats more $$ though, $55+
Originally Posted by Chris Ruck
GM is returing to rwd for the Chevrolet Impala, a 6.2-liter LS3 V8 for the SS model. I'd say it's about time. Chevrolet is doing a good job of selling the current fwd Impala. I'd never buy or drive one. I do not like the current Impala. I think the V8 engine is a waste in this fwd car. Now the new 2009 Impala which was designed in Australia, I'd drive. I think this car looks good. I would have to have the 6.2-liter LS3 V8 SS Impala. Yep I would drive an '09 RWD Impala 6.2-liter LS3 V8!
Damn this is a hella good looking car and it's going to do well for Chevrolet and GM. The only drawback to this car is that alot of people will want one and GM will build as many as they can sell. I expect to see alot of these on the road in the near future. It will be released in '08 as an '09.