Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml View Post
I did have the brass guide bushings and thought it would help. It was pretty clear they were deforming at high temps, the pad wear pattern was what you would expect given the weak areas in the caliper's design. It looked like they were spreading apart and twisting. And to be clear, this is at *extreme* loads. Stock weight, hoosiers, very fast lap times, texas summer heat.

I've never run the RS19s, but many Porsche folks I talked to have said they had trouble with them, including crumbling. I hope you are right, I am not expecting great things from the HT10s.
Interesting.

Was this with PF-01s or Hawk pads or spec VRs? I was never able to get the PF-01s hot enough to fade (I did boil fluid a few times) and so my pedal pressures always stayed quite low. If you were fading the brakes or didn't have high torque pads installed, I would expect to see high pedal pressures and consequently higher stresses at the caliper. My track pads always wore quite evenly.

So I guess a conclusion could be that the stock calipers may not be sufficient for low torque pads when you stand on the pedal all the time? I remember having to really stand on it with the PF-Zs installed. Light as a feather with the PF-01s.

I've never heard of problems with RS-19s crumbling. I've experienced that with Hawk pads, though, and it is quite un-nerving when it happens going into a heavy braking zone
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0