12-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #71
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
Yeah, I didn't see a lot of info about H&R except some reviews here on the forum. But I was very surprised reading about Turner's(TMS) M3 and how well they did at LIME ROCK PARK with H&R springs ... not sure if something else was done to the suspension ...

On your pictures I see a set of springs that look like H&R ... were you able to test them and to get some numbers for your 335 ? Just want to see if they are far off from the stock specs ...

Thanks.
I think TMS will be running 60 mm race spring not the kit with Moton dampers. I don’t like the idea they changed the drop it just for looks as this will affect the weight balance.

Some of those springs I have are H&R. I actually have another bunch in my garage that are from Hypercoil which are the best in the industry. After all my testing I kind come to one conclusion that BMW has it right for spring biasing between the front and rear. Going with stiffer spring and scaling the stiffness guaranties some degree of success with not much effort. This is a reasonable assumption to make to start with but it seems to be the case after messing around with this for months.

My next setup is very close to M3 is stiffness biasing. The springs are within 3% and the roll bars are with 2%....this is just happen to how it just worked out right or wrong. FWIW, almost all my links and bushing are from M3 but this is a longer story.

Orb

Last edited by Orb; 12-16-2008 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0