View Single Post
      12-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
aus
Major General
Rep

Drives: Odysse

Help me with BBS wheels or any comparable wheel suggestions.

I'm interested in getting some wheels that are forged/light weight. I'd like BBS, but it seems like they all require spacers? Is that the case with all their forged wheels? Anyone know if they make a 19" LM with the grey color in the proper offset? Those Champ Edition LM's were nice despite the 20" size.

I'm also looking at the new Volk wheel, but I think that it comes in 20's, as does the Yokohama F7. I'd like to avoid 20's if possible. Maybe the TE37, but it's pretty plain looking.
The MORR GB is dead and I don't know if I'd spend retail on those wheels because they are just too new as a company, and at $4500 a set, they're right up there with some very reputable brands that have been around for a long time.

It doesn't look like RAC is in business anymore either.

Then you have the wheels I consider the "bling wheels" like HRE, 360Forged, DPE, iForged. Nothing wrong with them, but they're not exactly a wheel you see at the track. Most are also in the 20" size, which is part of the reason I consider them bling wheels; I know you can have them custom made.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."