Originally Posted by bmstyle71
1) The crew of apollo 13? I can count them on my fingers. Your whole 30 million people wouldn't not survive without the u.s
2) What army? The one with muskets?
3) Normandy? That's one damn battle out of the whole world war. Every time a Canadian want to tell me about their army they throw Normandy.
4) You agreeing to all these things is enough for me to prove my point and that is why I am living here.
5) I am against half the shit this country did so don't get me wrong and think I'm an American that blindly supports my country in everything they do.
Have fun against a whole province that would ban an animal because of the retarded residents that are training them to kill and fight.
6) The one thing I will give you credit for is the Avro arrow and that's it ...and bombardier because they make CRJ's and I love those
It's true that we have a massive economic connection with the US, but honestly, if we turn off the taps on our water and oil supplies, the US is basically running at 10% capacity. We supply the majority (IIRC) of your oil which means we basically control your economy and your military.
And here's a few other battles to look up...
1) The Battle of the Atlantic (there's two of these)
2) The Battle of Hong Kong (yeah, that's right, we Canadians were in the Pacific in 1939, YEARS before you guys arrived)
3) The Battle of Ypres
4) The Battle of Passchendale
5) The Battle of the Somme (the Canadian portion)
6) The Battle of Vimy Ridge
And that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
And yes, I too do not agree wholeheartedly with everything we do as a nation, either. For example, this seal hunting thing doesn't look altogether pleasant. What I take exception to is ignorant slander against my nation (not saying that your statement does, that's just a general statement).
And also, our engineering achievements go far beyond the Avro Arrow (which was faster than the F/A-18 jets you sold us...thanks). Think of it, the CN Tower, the Skydome, the massive Canadian rail network. The CF-100 was pretty remarkable, too. Bombardier is a leader in modern aviation. Our companies supply all kinds of parts and equipment to high tech firms there. Plus, many of your brightest minds, are in fact our brightest minds.