View Single Post
      11-26-2008, 01:37 AM   #52
Banned

Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Porsche GT2 produces 530bhp as stated by Porsche!!! I believe them rather than someone elseīs numbers. The Stroker is 534!! Doesnīt come close? Check the facts. Now, the GT2 does produce a considerable amount of torque since its a trubocharged engine. There is no way there is only a 10% loss through the drive train so I donīt think that dyno you have seen is accurate. Also, the v10 is 18 grand just for the part, shoing it in there plus other components will be more than that amount.
Yep, the GT2 produces 530 hp at the crank as stated by Porsche. The stroker produces 534 hp at the crank as stated by RDsport.

Of course losses aren't only 10%, the figure is obviously underrated. Many cars are underrated and produce more power than manufacturers state on paper, the 335 even falls into this category.

The GT2 is underrated just like the GT3 is underrated which dyno's 380 wheel.

The dyno I have for the 997 GT2 is very accurate, from AWE-Tuning, one of the most respected in the tuner business.

Crank figures or stated figures don't mean anything, the stroker will not dyno the same as a 997 GT2, I wish it could though.

Absolutely, 18 grand just for the engine and transmissions, sounds like a good deal for those parts. Just brainstorming

In case you might be interested in the 997 GT2 and AWE's work on it, they are now over 580 wheel with just the usual bolt on's: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...er-2008-a.html

Here is the chart just for fun, I think it is VERY optimistic for the stroker to get near something like a 997 GT2, I think 450 wheel on a mustang would be an incredible achievement for RDsport:

Sticky is offline   United_States