West Coast BMW Dyno Day results!
Well thought some of you might be interested to see the results.
Had 15 BMW's come out and 1 E55 AMG (what a beast).
Here's the results:
1. Rotaz - Procede v3.1 with intake, exhaust, 91oct, 6MT. (59 degrees at 8:15 am)
2. Slubu - SSTT, 91oct, 6mt.
3. Down4it - JB3 tweaked 1.2 race map, all bolt ons, approx. 102oct. 6mt
4.2005 AMG E55 - pulley & ecu tune, 91oct.
5. Driver72 - JB3 1.0, K&N drop in, 91oct, 6AT. (71 degrees at 11:15 am)
6. Jwxxx - Procede 3.1 (87% UT settings), RR Int., RR DP's, Eisenmann exhaust, 91oct, 6AT
7. Rdsport323 - Jb3 1.0v, AE exhaust, 91oct, 6mt. (74 degrees at noon)
8. 2e9x's - (v29.2 ecu) 1st stock then with SSTT put in
9. 2e9x's - (v28.0 ecu) 1st stock then with SSTT put in
10. Swift - JB3 1.1 only 91 Oct. 6MT
11. onefastdoc - Procede v3.1 (90% UT settings), DCI, 96-97 Octane 6MT
12. kpari09 - JB3 1.1v, DCI, 91 Oct. 6AT
13. SfValley335i - PROcede v3.1 tweaked race map, all mods, 100 Oct. 6AT
14. nlakind - JB2, DCI, axleback exh. (all cats in), 91 Oct. 6MT (72 degrees at 3:30 pm)
15. mote - JB3 1.1, DCI, axleback exh. (all cats in), 95 Oct. 6MT
16. jtechnik - JB3 1.1v, GruppeM Int. (closed lid), DP's, FMIC, exhaust, 91 Oct. 6MT (67 degrees)
**Note on his car, the DP's were put on recently with basically no adaptation (strangely his car gained power on each of the 3 runs as if it truely was adapting to the DP's. Also Shiv agreed that the closed lid GruppeM intake was most likely restricting power up top, as his dyno graph got a bit flat and a bit bumpy above 5500 rpm. As Shiv noted you need open element intake (like DCI) in order to make above 360 rwhp on 91 Oct. We speculate with a dual cone intake (DCI) his whp would of probably been in the 380 rwhp range to compliment the torque values as others seem to have done).
Shiv did attend but brought his Gallardo not the 335i.
Stay tuned, the dyno graphs will be posted on Monday once the shop owner emails them all to me!
***Lastly on a side note for you guys on this M3post board, "Kpari09" who ran "Sticky" in his M3 was there, he no longer has the RD Sport Blackbox Xede tune in his car, he recently put in the JB3. To give you an idea the RD Xede he had in his car when he ran Sticky is equal in power to the old JB2 (which one customer had and put down 312 rwhp). Kpari09 now has the Jb3 and put down 347 rwhp. I think that's about equal to a stock M3 is it not?
That E55 AMG is awesome and Down4it and SfValley335i had awesome results too. Their cars are sick fast. Makes the average tuned only 340 rwhp 335i seem a bit slow as they easily jog away from us.
Cheers guys, maybe next time we can get a few of you guys out, we had a blast. Shiv showed up in his Gallardo too, but it wasn't an AWD dyno.
Great bunch of guys.
Last edited by Driver72; 11-23-2008 at 07:39 PM.