View Single Post
      11-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #41
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I am not 100% on this. I am pretty sure I got the information from Southlight, a very knowledgable contributor here on this forum.

This page describes the dual compound feature of the tire for improved wet performance but also describes it as just the MPSC and calls the MPSC+ as a slightly modified OEM version. The modification of grooving sounds as if it is to further enhance wet performance.

Perhaps a previous generation of the MPSC (non plus) did not have any design features (dual compound) for improved wet performance. It is odd that a tire designed for all out track performance does have this compromise.
As footie has said, this is pretty far from an all-out track tire, but it's serious medicine for street cars. The PSC+ appears to be an updated PSC with that narrow groove, put there for OEM use so you don't spin out into that shopping mall if a kid spits in the street as you are rounding a corner.

Bottom line, at a guess it's extremely close indeed to the PSC, and pretty far removed from the PS2 or Pilot Sport.

lucid, did you see my amended post about three back? Apparently we're at mixed signals, with me referring to the Pilot Sport and you referring to the Pilot Sport Cup.

Bruce
Appreciate 0