11-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #36
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Are you referring to the new RS6 vs. the old M5? With a twin turbo V10, I certainly hope it does well.

A balanced chassis is not the be all end all, it just feels and responds better. Sure engineers can mask the issues with a nose heavy car, but they are still present. They have to work around the design instead of having the design work for them. There are front engine cars that handle extremely well, I would still take a mid engine Ferrari over any of them though.

The car isn't even out yet and we don't have the final specs. You are basing these conclusions on what? AWD has higher losses than RWD, period, crank figures mean nothing. Audi can claim whatever they want at the crank. Look at the RS4's paper figures vs. the M3's. The M3 destroys it in reality.

I'm glad Audi is producing this car, but it won't be M3 competition. No one looking at an M3 will look at a TT instead, different cars. This car will be going after the cayman, Z4, and SLK. The Cayman will still remain the best drivers car of the bunch.
I was going to give a big long reply explaining why your opinions are wrong but thought ............ why? I know all it will do it continue this discussion away from the fact that the TT-RS will be a rival to the M3 in the same way as the Z06, 997, R8 and GTR all are, only at the other end of the scale.

I was only giving an opinion based on the info available about the car, obviously if things change then it's status as a rival could also change but based on this and how well the TT-S performs (which I have driven) I would definitely class the TT-RS with this spec to be on par with the M3.

P.S.
Regarding the RS6 beating all M5s, I post two videos as proof. Though there is numerous magazine tests showing similar results that the RS6 is comfortably quicker.

[u2b]0bdApIi9cZM&feature=channel[/u2b]

To me that is the current car is it not.
Appreciate 0