View Single Post
      11-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '09 E90 M3

After 8 months of waiting... My '09 SSII/Fox Red E90 M3

Finally picked up my new baby tonight and couldn't be happier!!! 2009 E90 M3, Silverstone with Fox Red (not extended), M-DCT, plus every other option.

I placed my initial deposit on 2/26/08, test drove and placed my order on 3/15/08 for June build/July deliver, then decided to wait for an '09 when the new taillight and iDrive rumors started getting substantial, then delayed one more month to get Smartphone Integration, which lead to delivery tonight. I know some think I was crazy to keep waiting for this and that random new option, but for me it was the right decision and I couldn't be happier!!

I saw both Silverstone and Fox Red on different cars prior to ordering and taking delivery, and loved both individually, but I was never able to see the combo together on the same car live. I did see pics of the combo online, but that just isn't the same. So I was a little nervous that it would work out ok and I would be happy with my choice. I can 100% say that I love them together and am very happy with my selections!! I also love the new LED taillights!!

Only drove her about 20 miles home from the dealership tonight but in my short hour with her I definitely love M-DCT so far. I have always been a 5/6MT guy on previous cars, so it was my one other apprehension point, but I really enjoyed the ability to control the engine the same way you can with a 6MT, but without the clutch pedal-induced leg pains (splitting time between Chicago and SF, this will be a huge plus for me!). I did accidentally get her up over 5,500 RPMs (to just over 7k!!!) for one brief moment while experimenting between S and D modes on the tranny. Oh well, accidents will happen.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, a friend of mine is borrowing my good digital so hopefully I can pick it up from her tomorrow and take some better shots.

I have included pics of the Smartphone Integration setup as I don't think I have seen these online yet. I don't have the iPhone 3G cradle yet as my CA said it wasn't available to order, so can't verify any differences in functionality at this point.

I have clear side markers ready to install as well as hardwire my V1. Not sure what other mods I will do at this point.

Thanks for reading my story. Hope everyone enjoys the pics!!
Attached Images