View Single Post
      11-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #26
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
OK thanks. How about your BMW CCA chapter? How many groups do they run?

Here, they run 1,2,3,4. One is Advanced, and I have no idea what the others are officially called, but 4 is novice. I got bumped to 2 recently. 3&4 have some really slow drivers (I'm not talking about car/hp related issues, just slow driving). That is naturally supposed to happen in 4, but when that happens in 3, it can be problematic. Just curious about what people's experiences are elsewhere.
my experience with run groups varied largely depending on who ran the event. With TMR, Speedventures and HOD the intermediate run groups seemed to have been the sweet spot, both in terms of safety (point by rules) and speed. The most fun however in any intermediate run group with no slow drivers was at 2 PCA events from the Coastal Region (Monterrey) that I attended - incredibly well organized and great drivers...their intermediate would be equal to group 2 as stated by you...