View Single Post
      10-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
NASA/PDA Instructor

Drives: E92M3

Originally Posted by lucid View Post
The bowl is sure a lot of fun. Need to experience it in person to appreciate the elevation change (down and up) while breaking, turning, and climbing. I am turning a bit too early. I need another meter or so before dialing it in. I have more video, but need to digitize first. The track is bumpy though. It must be though to deal with on a motorbike, especially out of turn 10 down the hill.
Next to Watkins Glenn...NHIS is my has everything - elevation, twisties, straights...and that Bowl...felt like I could drag my ear in that turn.

Yes, there was a bump just at the end of the downhill left, just at the start of the right hander. They had an air-bag wall there, on top of the armco, to keep us from cutting it too close or hitting too hard. Well, I decide togo inside a little too close and nicked my helmet on the airbag wall...cracked a vent on my helmet!!! I never forgot the sick feeling I had after that mind-fart....closest I ever came to...well, you know.
Needless to say I didn't cut that corner ever again.

We await more footage!!!

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!