View Single Post
      10-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #78
O! So Sour!!
nusevad's Avatar

Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 'Merica!

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [4.80]
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
you can but the thing is you will need to purchase the "test car" plates...which is expensive since your car is LHD. The 2nd thing is you will have to pay import tax or sth like that..which is another big load...check with the transportation depart in HKG...
thanks for the info, test car plates wouldnt matter to me, since i will probably only drive on weekends like i do here in the States. Im wondering how much the tax will be...if its ridiculously high maybe ill just buy a new one in HK.

Another alternative is import the car to ShenZhen, i got family there that can get me dual plates for mainland/HK and perhaps ill just keep the car in HK...