View Single Post
      08-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #92
NASA/PDA Instructor

Drives: E92M3

Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
depends on the street tire. you could have 2-3 sec per lap diff between just between street tires. the tests I have seen show more like 2 to 4 sec per 60 sec lap for a R -comp tire.
heck.... the new BFG tire beat the Hoosier by 1 second alone only on a 45 sec course. thats 1.3 sec per 60 sec lap just between R-comp tires alone!
OK..fine...2 to 4 seconds...BFD.

Originally Posted by footie View Post
To say as a rule of thumb that R-compound is 1s or more per 60 seconds is not true
Tell me, you just like to argue? Is that it or you've personal experience with changing from r-comps to street-tires for various tracks? My personal experience has shown that on the tracks (and even autoxes) I've run, the r-compounds allow AT LEAST 2 SECONDS per minute.
I'll remind you that r-comps allow someone to break harder and put the power down on track-out earlier, not just while one is mid-turn.

By end of next spring, I'll have dataloggs on a few tracks between street-tires and r-compounds...and we'll see just what the differences can be.

Be good,

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!