View Single Post
      08-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
Icedog_16
No Member

Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
What's really troubling is that you would speak on Obama's economic policy before taking the time to familiarize yourself with it. He doesn't espouse redistribution of wealth. He's about jumpstarting the economy, providing tax relief to the middle class, trade, job creation, supporting small business, protecting home ownership, cracking down on mortgage fraud and predatory credit card practices, encouraging work/family balance.

Regarding Geroge Obama, Barack Obama's brother, he doesn't want or need his brother's help. In his own words he says:

"I was brought up well, I live well even now. The magazines exaggerated everything. I'm Kenyan so I'd really rather live in Kenya."

The CNN reporter goes on to say that George Obama supports his brother and will be routing for him in the election.
So, given his Marxist tendencies and when I read things like these, am I supposed to believe what his carefully-crafted website says and that he doesn't espouse equitable distribution of wealth? Or am I to believe what comes out of his mouth when it's not pre-scripted?

Quote:
Sen. Obama cited new economic forces to explain what appears like a return to an older-style big-government Democratic platform skeptical of market forces. "Globalization and technology and automation all weaken the position of workers," he said, and a strong government hand is needed to assure that wealth is distributed more equitably.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article...848479237.html
When my brother and I read this we contacted the writer of the article and asked him if that was really said and this was the reply we got: "I added the part about strong hand. That was a summary of what he thought." So you tell me.

Quote:
"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money," Obama said. "If you had a whole pizza, and your friend had no pizza, would you give him a slice?"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000
Regardless of whether or not his brother wants help, has Obama even offered him a slice? As for myself, I don't mind offering my brother, friend, or whomever a slice; but, I'll be damned if I'm going to be forced to give them a slice against my will.