View Single Post
      08-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #59
325/528
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How and will they -- remains to be seen.
It was so obvious after 2003 that nothing positive will happen under Bush, but he got re-elected...

The key is to have the options -- it is sad that many cannot afford and do not have health coverage in this country. The health of a being is more important than any wealth, cars we drive or anything else, and we seem to ignore that.
I am not sure I understand where the term "Reversal of Bush tax cuts" comes from. It is clear and it was clearly pointed out that there would be no "reversal" but a "reform".

Although, not from you, I saw the expression "wealth distribution" used by the opposed to Obama. Again, pure manipulation of reality, and pure speculation...
The insurance industry makes a huge profit. Unfortunately there are tons of people who game the medicaid and medicare systems as well. There are also those that can afford health care insurance but choose to spend their money on other things. That being said, at least where I live, we take care of the uninsured and underinsured through a local system. You take the good with the bad. Life is not fair, and unfortunately I see that everyday too. People who have never smoked with lung cancer. Young women with breast cancer, toddlers with brain cancers...

The other side of the coin is that we have people involved with self destructive behaviors and the great american entitlement issue.

Last edited by 325/528; 08-29-2008 at 09:58 AM.