View Single Post
      08-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #48
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
From what I have read, I see the basis for Obama's fiscal concepts and since this is an automotive forum, the analogy will follow suit.

You plan on purchasing a shiny new BMW. But Obama steps in and tells you that you need to share your wealth so money is taken away even though you have already paid in a healthy 25% of your income. So, the money that was taken away will provide the additional free income to allow someone not working the chance to upgrade to an Accord from a Civic. That person pays no taxes yet benefits off others and chooses not to work while you now drive a Nissan instead of a BMW.

And before people get all worked up, this is meant to be light hearted and I know Obama will not take my BMW away. But I will most likely pay significant additional taxes that could have been put away for retirement so as not to load SS later on. Or to fund my twin daughters’ college education so as to eliminate the need to rely on state scholarships. More importantly, I may need to lay off one to two employees if some of the more outlandish proposals come to fruition. So much for helping the common worker.

On another note, I am beginning to have a deep disgust for the blind love of Obama. This is even stemming from employees, one in particular. An individual claims he will vote for Obama because of the change he promises (sounds very familiar around here). But this stems deeper as to what I witness daily. It should suffice to say that handouts are well and alive and the desire to increase them is motivating some, who have never voted, to head for the polls this year.
isn't this just a simplified explanation of republicans vs. democrats?

i think you're just looking at the expense side of things. How about the revenue side? the economy prospered under Clinton, a democrat, and is in the crapper under Bush, even though Bush cut taxes. When the economy tanked, business revenue suffered, businesses had to lay off employees. I would much rather pay a little extra in tax and have more job security and make my $40K bonuses than worry about not having enough work. Obama will be better for the economy than McCain, because you need to tax to be able to spend. Repubs think you can spend without taxing. Also, a big drain on the economy is the war. Economists don't believe, like they used to, that wars help the economy. It is killing our economy and McCain wants to perpetuate it.

also, i don't like analogies. they don't prove anything. they can be useful for explainig highly technical concepts in simplified terms if that concept is PROVEN already, but I don't think the concept of who will be better for our pocket book has been proven yet.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production