06-13-2006, 12:41 AM   #17
xcalibr
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 E90 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalm3
My couzine has a Stage 2 AA supercharger on his e46 m3. and most people dont notice hte intercooler at night so we get tons of STI and wat not wanting to race and burn them. But yea take a good look at the car when before you race. You shouldnt have a problem keeping up with a somewhat stock one. I mean i cant speak for sure yet my car isnt dont with break in and i drive my car like a newborn until breakin. So give me a week or 2 and ill confirm all this info with you,.
watch out for the 9's and the '05 8's... they got upgraded hot sides... 20 extra HP to the wheels from '04-'05... the '05s are amazingly fast. my 325xi for sure can't keep up... your 330i might be able to keep up early, but you'll get blown out as soon as the turbo kicks in. but then at higher speeds 100mph+ you'll probably start to gain back some of that ground purely from having two extra cylinders... haha --and that german autobahn high-speed stability.

I've driven the '05 evo 8. my coworker has one and my cousin's bf has one also. once the turbo kicks in at around 3,000 rpm... it jsut keeps pulling and pulling. they both have the works p2 ecu tune which eliminates boost taper so it just keeps going.... SO FRICKIN FAST.