View Single Post
      08-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #11
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I guess according to you, Tesla was the dumb ass to discover something new -- we should have stuck to candles and fire forever...

Drill, drill, drill...and pass this crap and worries to our kids and grandkids...

Why not focus more on alternative energy sources, and possibly abandon oil as soon as we can? Why not explore more of them instead of prolonging the agony for a few more years and temporarily lower the price of oil...
Maybe that is what you're suggesting in your last paragraph?

I listened to C. Crist (FL Gov) speach yesterday where he used word "IF" numerous times -- If there is enough, if drilling is clean, if no accidents will happen, if far from coast... Obviously, those who are pushing to drill off FL coast are not sure IF it is safe and if this would be a solution or possibly help the situation...
Pursue every angle. This includes the most feasible which is drilling. With real effort to develop alternative energy sources, we can reduce the dependence on oil (foreign and domestic). In the meantime, we must not destroy our economy. Utilize the abundant resources we have.

Drill for oil
Build nuclear power plants
Put up wind farms
Build hydro electric dams
Tap geothermal sources
Develop deep sea turbines for the gulf stream
Grow cheat grass for alcohol production
Mine shale and coal
Build solar power arrays
Make energy consumers more efficient
...and more

Do not punish industry for using energy.
Do not punish people for using energy.
Grow the economy by dropping barriers to domestic energy production.
The market will work if government backs off from it's lust to control us.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States