View Single Post
      08-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVExotics View Post
  • The Iraq "war" and the lies that went into it (>4000 American soldiers dead, countless friends and family members grieving, we don't even know how many civilians dead)
Absolutely no lies went into the Iraq War. The information on Iraq's WMD stockpiles was incorrect but the existence of those stockpiles was believed by members of both parties over the course of multiple administrations.

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

The far reaching effects of a world without Saddam Hussein and a democratic and representative government in Iraq are not yet known but what we do know is that one of the world's most brutal dictatorships can no longer slaughter its own people or threaten its neighbors anymore.

Quote:
The entire Enron scandal - not office holding repubs but major repub supports - tens of thousands of people loosing major investments or their retirement funds
ENRON supported members of both parties. Ken Lay was a regular golf partner of Bill Clinton and the only former government officials who tried to get the Bush Admin to intervene to save Enron were democrats.

Quote:
Using a litmus test to only allow conservatives to be hired in the Department of Justice - several lawyers fired when they "failed" this test
The lawyers you refer to were presidential appointees who serve at the pleasure of the president. Are you aware that Bill Clinton fired all US Attorneys upon taking office?

Quote:
Televangelist and repub supporter Ted Haggard has his little oopsie with the male prostitute - countless viewers and contributors to his ministry disillusioned
...wait, maybe that one is a good thing

Similar to the above, minus the ministry stuff, for Sen. Larry Craig
How are the far reaching effects of these actions greater than Edward's actions?

Quote:
The veto of the child health care bill
Refusing to waste government funds is a moral failing?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States