View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 03:35 PM   #8
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

it's hard to recommend a specific tire pressure for you because of many factors for your car, driving aggression, and track layout, but I WILL say that PSS and PS4S have relatively soft sidewalls compared to popular 200TW tires. With that said, PSS and PS4S need a little higher starting tire pressure because the sidewall tends to roll over easier and cause accelerated outside wear before they get up to temp.

The last time I drove PS4S in the dry, I noticed an 8 psi increase at the end of a session. I originally started out at 30psi and noticed the outside shoulder wearing past the tread down into the sidewall. That was due to the pressure being too low and me driving it too hard. I eventually ended up finding 32-33 psi cold and 40psi hot seemed to get the best wear for my setup (3600lb car/-3.0F/-2.0R camber).

The thing to also take away is that the PSS and PS4S can be a great track tire, you just have to drive within the limits of that compound. You cant beat on it every lap and expect it to survive like a 200tw or lower track tire. As long as you treat them right, the tires should survive fine- you just cant abuse them and then get mad afterwards.