View Single Post
      04-13-2024, 07:26 PM   #30
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
I’ve had RS-2way as dual duty into pure track application running 900/1000lb without any issues. They’ve been a fantastic and reliable entry into heavily tracking the car. I’ll likely upgrade as the car now moves to a fully dedicated car but I’ve had lots of success with these. JRZ is a proven entity and I’d take some of the hate with a grain of salt.
I have absolutely nothing against JRZ. I’m running a set of the original RS1 on my e92 M3. It’s performed flawlessly for over a decade (one rebuild). To this day, I still recommend the RS Pro and RS Pro3. Which version do you have? I was recommending the RS One and Two when they were first released. However, I don’t recall reading one good review of the RS One & Two on the f8x and I recall there being one positive review of the RS One on the e9x. Their original design for the f8x rear damper required unbolting the rear upper 3-point damper mount and removing the mount completely from the damper to gain access to the rebound adjuster. The RS One & Two were extremely noisy and bouncy as you came to a stop (I think this wasn’t a damper issue, more of an owner not understanding how a premium motorsport-inspired monotube damper works). They make excellent motorsport dampers but, for some reason, the majority of their street dampers make excessive noise for some reason (likely valve/cavitation noise) and they’ve never addressed it. There used to be > 10 vendors on th e9x and f8x forums that sold JRZ dampers. You’ll be hard pressed to find one now.
Appreciate 0