03-01-2024, 10:44 AM   #47
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
It is odd that they only mention time but it does agree with what you’ve experienced with your 10+ year old, ~25k mile car which is now much harsher than it was originally. At a minimum, the low-frequency accelerometer response (i.e., chassis/sprung mass motion in the ~1-2 Hz range with a low-pass filter) could be used to estimate the number of damper cycles by counting the number of accelerometer sign changes. This wouldn’t capture cycles from the motion of unsprung mass (i.e., up/down motion of wheels/tires, brakes, hub/knuckle, etc. mass) but it’s better than nothing. The edc control strategy is in the frequency domain so the data already exists.
Well not a 25k car these days but coming closer to 60k miles, during 13 years.

Yes there are interesting data referred to, if it only was possible to capture.... As mentioned I haven't seen any EDC "live data" on the couple of tools I happen to have. Also what I can see of BMWs own diagnose intructions/possibilities indicates there aren't much data being possible to accesse? There is a tool mentioned in the end for measuring on the EDC module, assumingly when it is taken out. Other than that damper needs to come out and be put in test bench?
Appreciate 0