01-18-2024, 06:27 PM   #14
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygoz View Post
If we are talking about transparency -

1.What happened to the old thread of the Plenums GB?
2.How are you planning to make sure the plexiglass sticks to the carbon and withstands repetitive flexing under load, how will this be tested?
3.what about the shady/BS claims of performance gains for the plenum? care to shed some light on that? Its extremely unlikely that there will be any claimable performance benefits from an s65 carbon plenum, especially with shorter stacks that have already been dynoed , documented and tested by Haimus. (By BS I mean posting dyno charts of the stock plenum that run short of the redline)
1. I have no idea. I never started the other thread.
2. the initial design and prototype were already tested for months before it went into production. This isn't rocket science. The concept was proven on the few prototypes we made and we had ZERO issues with them Heck, Waylon, the engineer who designed this plenum still has the prototype on his car till now and has put over 40k miles on it with no issues. When the production runs started, unfortunately, the same company that made the prototype dropped the ball on consistency. In short, we didn't have to redo the design for this concept to work. We just needed a manufacturer who would do the job with high standards. Nonetheless, I'm going to ask Peter and Chris from Partee Racing to join Bimmerpost and be a part of this conversation. Manufacturing has already started for the next batch of plenums.
3) I was there when the dyno runs took place. There was nothing shady about it. Even Haimus advertises an increase in HP with their stacks. Moving forward, I'll make sure we have our customers to dyno runs from Independent shops. We will do one as well shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw 911 View Post
The lack of humility and apologetic tone is a major concern. This post only blames everyone but yourself. People trusted you to deliver and while failure is understandable, months of deliberate ignorance is not.

I have no idea why people would trust you or the new “improved” product.

Fool me once, fool me twice…as the saying goes.
I don't understand what you took "as a lack of humility". I apologized to everyone who received a bad product via email. Even though it was not my company at that time and it would've been convenient to just walk away and do nothing. I also posted a public apology everywhere I could. Please forgive me if I came off that way. That was not my intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Not that this addresses all issues but are you saying everyone who purchased the original EAE design is going to eligible to receive a new design CF plenum replacement? Also, I wouldn’t call putting a clear lexan window in the plenum as some kind of a ground breaking design. Personally I don’t think it looks proper in an e9x M3, looks cheap and something you’d find in a JDM car. I’ll stick with my several year old trouble free Karbonius CF plenum.
Yes, anyone who purchased the original EAE plenum is eligible for an exchange at no extra cost. The customers whom I have spoken to that have the plenums appreciated the offer and want to just keep the original plenum since they have zero issues with them. For the ones who had issues, we already refunded them and have offered them a steep discount for the new plenum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Bingo. As a business owner, I wanted nothing to do with part time business owners.

I’m a global manufacturing and procurement expert; I’d be happy to help vet the entire company, it’s manufacturing, and procurement.

Sounds like a basement company; sourcing finished goods from third parties without the needed capital to do this the right way. You do not need to own the factory to be a manufacturer, but you do need to know the answer to any questions of the factory / manufacturer before you ask them. If you don’t, you are a reseller susceptible to sourcing a product not capable of meeting the claims of the marketing.

Cheers,
e46e92
My friend, it wasn't me who owned EAE nor had the discussions with the manufacturing company. It was the previous owner. To his credit though, he did do all of the due diligence and asked me my opinion about the aerospace company in Denver. After receiving prototypes that met our standards, we agreed to start production. It's not uncommon for manufacturers not to come through despite doing all your due diligence. It's an unfortunate situation and we have moved on and handed over the entire manufacturing process to a company that lives and breathes BMW, Partee Racing. We have a plenum coming out for the E39 M5 as well. This is not a basement-run company. Peter Partee is a world-renowned name in the BMW community. This S65 plenum is now his baby and product.
Appreciate 1