2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksM View Post
Radiation,

Also Radiation this is a HEAVY car that I think is the tire size/heat problem. Especially the way I drive.

say,
across the tread was within 15 degrees. TC has camber plates just need to throw away the expensive adj. BMW shocks.
Tire management in the front will be the secret to these cars. Seriously, I think you don't necessarily need larger (than 285) in front. You'll just have to manage what you have better. I work the fronts really hard on my cars due to being a late-trail braking maniac. Get tires that like the heat. I hate to harp on this, but the PSCs are worth the money. They can take the abuse.

As far as the stock shocks go ....
I've told myself that THIS CAR WILL NOT BE MODIFIED. But, if you want the best performance you'll have to go to aftermarket (Koni 28s from TC Kline or ADs from GC). Then you're on that slippery slope to spherical bearings, 600 pound springs, etc.. I'll definitely get pads, and probably track rubber; and possibly some well chosen firmer bushings, but, I've decided that a dedicated track car is the only way to go. My e90 M3 will be a two year lease while I wait for the Audi D4 A8 to come over. At that point hopefully I should have a dedicated race car for track days.