View Single Post
      10-30-2023, 03:42 PM   #27
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

You MUST drive both before you make a decision.

If you need a "do it all" daily driver car that you can also drive spiritedly, the M340i is definitely the right choice over an e92 m3. Honestly, I really hate saying that, but it's true if you need one car that can do everything good. The M340 is faster, more comfortable, way more creature comforts, normal people are fine riding in it, and it can be fun to drive fast here and there. E92 is older and shows its age in a lot of ways in the "daily driver" category.

The e92 is all about emotion and soul. It's so exciting to drive. The sounds it makes, the steering feels, and immediate response of the drivetrain is hard to beat. I'd rather be slower than everyone and enjoy the drama that is the e92 m3 over having a faster, nicer, more expensive car that is boring. No one says, DAMN an M340! But lots of people say, Damn! look at that m3 over there.

I enjoy driving my e92 m3 so much more than my f82 m4- the m4 feels big, heavy, and numb compared to my e92. So much so that I don't even track or drive the m4 spiritedly anymore, just more of a slow relaxed cruise-around style listening to music. I've never turned the radio/music on in my e92- just listen to the engine sounds and voices in my head.