GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
This is good to hear with the exception of the "whimpy" clamps you mentioned.

Greg- Can you please post pic's of the clamps you are describing? And what do mean by the welded on the stock pipes?

Nate- Can you please chime in regards to the inferior part that Greg is describing?

Hopefully, if there is an issue, I can have this sorted out prior to the delivery of mine.

Dave
Perhaps the term "whimpy" is not appropriate--sorry. I did not actually unwrap and look at the clamps, nor did I get them back when I picked up the car--they seemed quite heavy and robust. I think what the installer meant is they thought the installation would be more secure with the pipes welded.

7/12 Edit: This is what my in installation invoice says: "Found that Eisenmann's clamps would leak and not provide for adequate fitment. Welded the exhaust on."

To explain, the stock rear tailpipe section on each side is reused with the new muffler. Since they are welded to the original muffler, they must be cut off, and then attached to the Eisenmann with clamps or by welding. I have some pics of this at home that IND supplied I will post.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 07-12-2008 at 11:05 AM.