View Single Post
      07-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Gearhead999s
Major General

Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
Are you doing the Est Fest this year? That's when I got to drive Calabogie last year. The first day was moderate to heavy rain all day. My E36 was hooked up there and I was passing all the AWD cars throughout the day including and S4 RS4 and an STI. Saturday and Sunday was perfect weather. Sunday I had a moment of brain fade and got too hot into turn 1 which got me quite sideways at 100+ mph for about 300 feet of sideways (not so much) fun. Luckily I didn't hit the wall to the left or the berm to the right. I only wish I had video of it.

I have a cottage at Sharbot Lake (Rt 7 and 38) so Calabogie is quite conveinent for me to use. Are you coming down for any events in NJ?
If that is the weekend of July 18-20th I am out as I already have a bike day on the 18th and a car day on the 21st at Shannonville.I have very limited time this year as we just moved on June 21st and still enjoying the pain of setting up the new house and selling the old one.I will make it up there for at least a couple of days before the season is over whether its on 2 or wheels!
I have never been to NJ for track days but I have been to Pocono & Lime Rock and raced once at the Meadowlands in the Canadian Firehawk series in 91.

I have only been on track at CMP in the rain on my bike on DOT dry track race tires and was amazed at the grip that was available.I was still able to get leaned right over and showed a lot of tire heat which really suprised me,but that was also before the track was used a lot.I think in a car in the rain it would be big time fun to say the least!