View Single Post
      12-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Easy and Relatively Inexpensive Exhaust Mods?

Hi All:

I apologize for the naivety here, and I tried searching, but I'm not sure if I was able to come up with the best answer here.

I recently picked up an e92 M3 as a second car/daily and the first "real" mod outside of cosmetic things would be to make the exhaust just a bit louder. I LOVE the DCT (had this in my 335is and two F8x), but those v8 downshifts are new and INCREDIBLE.

However, I am just wondering if there is something to give the car just a *bit* more sound. I don't believe there are open/close valves on the e9x series, correct? So something like the BMS CANFLAP module that forces open the flaps on the F8x series wouldn't do anything. Is there otherwise a OBD/OBDII port module that gives the car some extra sound by opening up something in the computer?

Otherwise, I may be looking at a relatively inexpensive new exhaust down the road.

Only real necessity is that it has to pass CA smog (and this is fine, since I really don't need anything insanely loud).

Thank you all in advance!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0