For those wanting a bit of a simplified system, the DICE RDS Universal Car kit for iPod allows you to connect the iPod to your factory BMW radio within minutes using the included installation harness. If your radio is capable of receiving RDS broadcasts (Radio Data System - most BMW/MINI applications are), you will see Song Title & Artist information on the radio screen. Charging is also provided - keeping your iPod ready to go at all times.
This is especially a plus for vehicles that do did not have text display with our current SILVERLINE kits or simply do not want the Clickwheel to lock when attached to the Dock Connector. The DICE Universal RDS iPod integration kit is a wired FM modulated (not transmitted) connection to your factory radio. A wired connection provides a direct statis-free connection, eliminating unwanted radio interference.
All control is performed via your iPod's Clickwheel for easy access to your music library. A fixed 128kbps bitrate ensures superior audio quality to that of FM transmitters or other add-on kits.
The DICE Universal RDS iPod module transfers information between the iPod and radio through an included iPod-specific docking cable, as if it were an original BMW accessory.
New features of DICE SILVERLINE iPod Integration kit include:
- Direct integrated connection, without the need for FM transmitters or cassette adapters
- Easy installation, about 30 minutes.
- Full Artist/Song Text display (RDS-supported Head Units)
- Full control of your iPod via the Clickwheel while in play
- Full charging mode for iPods through included dock connector
- Allows CD Changer Retention
- DICE Universal RDS BMW Integration Module
- Power Harness with BMW-Specific Antenna Adapter kit
- BlackOut Dock Connector
1992+ 3-series, including M3
1997+ 5-series, including M5
1996-2002 Z3, including M-Roadster/Coupe
2003+ Z4, including M-Roadster/Coupe
2002+ MINI Cooper
DICE - Universal RDS iPod Integration kit for BMW/MINI
Compatible for Business Cassette, CD and Navigation/iDrive. Installation is simple for the DIY type and should take no longer than 20-30 minutes.