View Single Post
      06-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Nice power bumps. What will become of the GT3 engine? Will they do anything to it for the mid model refresh? A DFI 440-450 hp version would be pretty salty!
Supposedly the facelifted GT3 will be a 2010 model. Production, if lucky, spring of 2009. Whatever the final specs this car will be plenty salty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8convert View Post
Specs and pics officially released now on porsche facelift microsite. Impressive performance in my opinion. I hope thye do the same for the Cayman.

Ruff...what did you decide on in the end? M3 or CS?
On the fence still, need to see the final specs on the upcoming face lifted Caymam S and 335 and see where the price of light sweet crude goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
ruff I sense Porsche fever coming on.... you are in the early stages... a BMW vaccine might still work, but you'd have to get it soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Lol, it may already be too late to save him.
Accurate diagnosis. However I must say the worst fever I have ever had is the E90/E92 M3 strain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Only for Ruff. My favourite part of the 2009 997 press release:

Direct gasoline injection on the new Carrera engines serves to ensure homogeneous opera -
tion of the power unit with a most consistent balance of the fuel/air mixture in the combu -
stion chamber at all times and under all running conditions. Such homogeneous operation
guarantees optimum combustion maintaining consistently low emissions, without making
any particular requirements in terms of fuel quality.

Best regards, south

South,

You hit the nail on the head. I can't figure out why I am so caught up in this DFI stuff. It is kind of like Swamp and DCT.... Crazy.
Appreciate 0