View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 12:03 PM   #100
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
Thank you for making this new thread. It's been a few years since I looked into this box. I was one of the few that tried the first version of the JoyeAuto boxes.

Is it my understanding that these boxes now can use OEM mic, connect carplay wirelessly without issues and no longer need the AUX cable to output sound?

Sorry, I'm slightly confused because the bimmertech video still shows AUX cable being connected, but OP mentioned audio can be outputted through OEM quadlock connection (with coding).

Also, if anyone has experience with the early boxes and this one, is there an improvement in gps location? My JoyeAuto box is not always 100% accurate with my location and will freak out and try to redirect me. Just wondering if this box is any better in terms of location detection.

If all boxes are checked, I may upgrade to this new one. I think OEM mic and wireless connection alone is enough of an upgrade for me.
Yes to OEM Mic, yes to wireless careplay, yes to no aux cable. The audio comes in through the quadlock connector IF you code it. This how-to is for the Carsara box and just uses the Bimmertech video to reference the instructions.

GPS is provided by your phone, not the carplay box. If you have GPS fix issues consider getting a mount for the window so your phone has better line of sight to the sky.