Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Difference will not be that great, BMW would never allow optional 19" as they made driving conditions worse. If there is any difference, it will be hardly noticeble.

There are also M3 driving around with 20" (M-Bitious). He clearly stated it drives impecable..............
I am not saying the difference will be huge but it most definitely is there and if you believe different then you are clearly mistaken. The first thing you will notice is a slightly drop in comfort if using EDC and a more noticeable without EDC, next thing you may notice is the steering and on and on. All small differences but combined they ARE noticeable.

Most people never get the sample both side by side so will never know any different but I reckon if you did try both and weren't swayed by looks then most would pick the stock car. Don't get me wrong here, I too am usually swayed by the bigger alloy but that more to do with the fact that the standard item looks shit, this time it's not the case the 18" look great, much better than on the old M3.

One thing I would not do is go larger than 19", the side wall is get too shallow and stiff to benefit the car one single bit, it might look the business but at the expense of everything that the engineers have done to create the car in the first place.

Last edited by footie; 05-07-2008 at 09:51 AM.