05-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
DJ9
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slikk66 View Post
Hi guys, I picked up my e92 m3 this weekend, what a beauty. I really am interested in taking it to the track soon. The nearest track to me is Willow Springs near Bakersfield.

I read on their website all vechicles must be "race prepped", which I would assume may involve taping the lights up etc, so what that requires I need to know. I couldn't find that info on their website.

Also, I would assume most people change out the rims and tires to avoid damage to the stock set. I figured I would look into buying some cheap wheels + tires on ebay or local speed shops. Any info on tires/wheels would be great.

I saw a m6 at a gas station recently and spoke to the owner. He had bluish sticky tape all along the bottom of his car to avoid stone/rock damage. Is this required by the track or just preference. I would probabaly do the same.

Other tracks in CA are Infineon in Sonoma, and Laguna Seca in Montery. I couldn't find any info on those sites about open racing, it seems you have to go with part of a car club that reserves the whole track. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks! See you on the track.
Before you can drive out on a track, most of them require some sort of general inspection(prep); not sure how the site you visited is defining "race prepped" though.

BMW CCA holds mellow track days(which is what i do); that are geared more as driving courses, but they are a blast. For more race oriented events, you could always do Trackmasters or NASA.

As far as the painters tape, just get a clear bra and you wont have to deal with that.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded

Last edited by DJ9; 06-30-2008 at 02:04 PM.
DJ9 is offline   United_States