footie
Major General
No_Country

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryF View Post
hey footie, I orginally had the cookie cutter SSII, black inside with alu trim and 19" alloys but back in january I just thought it'd be dull and look like any 3 series so I changed to the fox red + leather carbon and I'm really glad I did. I specifically asked at the dealer if it would hurt resale and he didn't think so, in any event I will keep the car 4 years and don't see why I should drive around in someone elses ideal spec for all that time instead of mine

I'll try getting some pics later on but right now the sunshine is out , it must be some kind of record for Scotland, the car still hasn't been rained on and I've had it almost 48 hours
Personally I don't keep my cars longer than 2 years (there's a world of cars out there to get through before I die ) so I do have to keep in mind how they might sell, though I don't personally reckon FR is a bad combination with SSII, even if my dealer and BMW do.

In the showroom I saw JB with FR and under the spotlights I did think this combo look a miss match to be honest, it looked Midnight Blue in that light and the FR clashed IMO. I haven't seen PS interior as yet but I reckon it would work well with SSII and the swatch I saw in the dealers looked a rich bluey grey, far nicer than stock light grey on other BMWs.

As for the weather, yeah we too are having stone splitting sunshine too........maybe global warming isn't such a bad thing after all.