e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
This is true, but you do not have to spec out the car that heavily. There is no reason whatsoever to spec paint other than the $690 metallic paint option. Ceramics are another ridiculous option. For comparison sakes, it is fair to say the you can get into a nicely equipped 2009 C2S for $90,000-$92,000 depending on how much PAG ups the price. I just built a 2008 for $89,000 with met. paint and no Nav. It has everything else that would make it comparable to the M.

Some 335 owners have the same arguement regarding the price disparity between the M3 and the 335. Adding coil-overs and an ECU mod will bring "similar" performance on the street. I am not making this another modded 335 is as good as the M thread, because, I believe that the M is worth the extra cost. But, the same applies to the 911 for me.

To me, another $20-22k over the M, for what 2009 will bring, is worth the cost of admission. Some of the extras like, 20mm Sport Suspension, Sport Exhaust, Sport Shifter and Full Leather (this adds stitched leather to the entire dash, doors, rear seats, PCM, etc... the seats have leather standard.) are not necessary. Although, it would be like adding a different exhaust, coil-overs and short shifter to the M.

Although, I am buying a 911S, I do not have a problem saying that the M3 represents a better performance value. I just like the 911S better.
I wish everyone here on the boards had as an open mind and objectivity as you. That being said, if you forget the money, the Porsche is better, just a more focused sports car/track star. I absolutely love the M3, but a 911 is a 911.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.