07-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #25
_BSMM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Test drove a supercharged E92 today with an akra exhaust...

it was pretty fun to say the least unfortunately the car wasn't in good enough condition interior and exterior to justify the price. Needed maybe $1000 of reconditioning and trim replacement to bring it up to quality interior. Even supercharged the torque was pretty lacking - albeit a fun car and I think my sense of "torque" was ruined by daily driving a 670 Ft-lb @2500 RPM vehicle. However, The top end was amazing as was the cornering.

I also test drove an F80 and I have to say the car felt much more refined, even stock compared to the E92. Perhaps this is just because it was 10 years younger than the E92. I think the E92 would've been a great track car but supercharged might have been a little too rough for daily driving. The F80 just had more "comfort".

Have yet to try the 340.. although I think with x drive and manual it could be awesome. There's just something about the fenders steering feel of the M3s that seem worth it.

When I make the move to Denver, I will most certainly be getting a truck to survive the winters and outdoors stuff. I'm just trying to debate getting one now or waiting..

EDIT: Also forgot to add that I also tried out a WRX STI and the car was quite a blast to drive.. no where near the design or luxury of even a 3 series but the car felt very solid and put together, quick off the line. Im thinking the 340xi would be a great contender
Appreciate 0