View Single Post
      06-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #96
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M43S7RO View Post
There is also the xpipe merge location moved forward vs the traditional OEM merge location of many pipes. I imagine this further reduces the gain attributed only to the header.

BW Xpipe vs test pipes on OEM xpipe dyno comparison:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1413876

Velaforza data here vs Akra:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855575
Those are both are supercharged cars, so not exactly apples to apples but there are similar gains just not to the same extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Wtf is this “real actual dyno testing with video after promising to do so” bullshit

Where’s my two years of speculation and flame wars

Man, F this I’m out
I know eh, How dear I do what I say I was going to do.

Quote:
The links I provided demonstrate that a decent amount of additional power is made simply by using an xpipe with the forward merge xpipe.
Again those links were of supercharged cars, so the "decent amount of power" can't be taken at face value. There will be gains on an NA motor, just not the same amount.

Quote:
You stating that you made ~10hp with headers over the Gintani pipe somewhat proves my point.
To be 100% clear he added cats to the ARH mid section which also has the X further up. So his changes were headers + hfc to make 10whp which should all be attributed to the ARH headers. The hfc maybe reduced his gains by a few hp, so if there was a truly apples to apples, ARH headers alone probably would have made more than 10whp.

Your point is taken about my dynos not showing only gains from the headers. In my case I wasn't going from a catless xpipe with x further up, to headers, which most people probably wont be. So to me it doesn't matter as long as my new setup made more power and sounded how i wanted from the old setup.
Appreciate 0