View Single Post
      04-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #73
e46e92love
Brigadier General

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Im not so sure there are that many options? A NA 520hp BMW M3 with improved suspension is quite a killer!! Very hard to beat! What car would you think is better. This Dinan M3 would be considerably less expensive than, say, a Porsche 997 tt and would probably be comparable in terms of general performance (well maybe just a tad slower), but not much. Plus 4 seats and really nice looking etc
True enough, but I still don't like the idea of someone taking apart the M// engine and replacing parts. Yes, we get more power, but I bet it will become a 8mpg car and wind up blowing up or having issues. Its no longer an M// engine, its just a derivative of an M// engine. The smoothness and efficiency may go out the window with this mod as well. Just don't think I am crazy about this.........or maybe I am giving the guys at M// too much credit and Dinan not enough.....

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
e46e92love is offline   United_States