04-10-2008, 01:08 AM   #46
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Are you serious???
DO you only see 2 days around the present???
Bush clearly used the events of 9/11 to influence/alter the decisions of many. Do you remember the words -- "you're either with me or the enemy"? Do you remember that everyone that disagreed with him was marked as unpatriotic? Do you remember all the (empty) abuse of the Level of Threat whenever Bush's proposal was in question? Those are all traits of a dictatorship, FYI, but you have some growing up to do before understanding...

The congress was rushed into making decision clearly.

The bottom line is -- we invaded a sovereign country without the UN approval, many are dead, the infrastructure is gone, for ABSOLUTELY no clear reason (proven). It was proven SH regime had nothing to do with AlQaeda, there were no WMD, absolutely nothing -- just Bush's personal wishes...a clear International Crime act and someone should be responsible.

In the past, WE organized to bring the leaders up and executed them (ex. SH, Milosevic...), therefore, the same should be applied now.
dictatorship - noun
1. A government in which a single leader or party exercises absolute control over all citizens and every aspect of their lives

Right you are, total dictatorship. That would explain why there is no single leader with total control and the government is split between multiple parties
Quote:
Do you remember the words -- "you're either with me or the enemy"? Do you remember that everyone that disagreed with him was marked as unpatriotic?
Yes I do. They were part of the state of the union address in 2001 - 9 days after September 11th and were in no way referring to Iraq. He doesn't even mention Iraq in that speech except for a single reference to the first Persian Gulf War. As for unpatriotic same argument. If you didn't think we should go after Al'Qaeda in their place of residence in Afghanistan after they attacked us then you sure as hell were unpatriotic.
Quote:
In the past, WE organized to bring the leaders up and executed them (ex. SH, Milosevic...), therefore, the same should be applied now.
Saddam was executed based on charges of him ordering the executions of 148 people. Bush has done nothing criminally wrong internationally or otherwise, let alone ordering executions.
Quote:
The congress was rushed into making decision clearly.
You'd be amazed how long Congress can hold up/delay a bill in both houses when it wants to. Hell a single person can do it even.
Quote:
The bottom line is -- we invaded a sovereign country without the UN approval, many are dead, the infrastructure is gone, for ABSOLUTELY no clear reason (proven).
The reason was self-defense which is authorized under international law. And it wasn't only the United States self defense. The UK was pretty keen that Saddam wouldn't get/keep any WMD's either.
Quote:
It was proven SH regime had nothing to do with AlQaeda, there were no WMD, absolutely nothing
Hindsight is always 20/20. Did we fuck up? Probably. Did we do follow what we thought was the best course of action at the time? Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.