View Single Post
      03-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #2090
Desert Rat
Registered

Drives: 2008 Mercedes CL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Had Ken's offer been for the "Buy It Now" price, or for something close to MSRP, I have zero doubt in my mind that Husker would have readily accepted financing from whatever source Ken lined up, packed the M3 on the shipping truck, and closed out the deal. Granted, there are mitigating factors, such as the harassment the dealer endured, but that is not something the buyer engaged in or encouraged in any way. The crux of the matter remains that the dealer is looking for an escape because of the amount of the financing, not because of the source.
I'm sure you are correct that there would have never been a problem had Ken gone for the "Buy It Now" option.

Is the dealership looking for an out? You have read the same pages as me and have come to a different conclusion. One thing is for sure, none of us reading all this really know the true story. I'm sure none of the parties involved could give a 100% accurate recall of everything that has happened as the mind twists things during a heated battle and recollection can be selective.

I do know if I had gone through what Ken has I would be fed up long ago and would have no desire to purchase this vehicle.