Originally Posted by rickc
It's a chance they took and they lost.
... and that's the bottom line.
Let's suppose for a millisecond that Laszlo is correct, BIN acts as the reserve. This is a lost cause.
1. Why eBay is still investigating this issue?
2. Why the dealer said "the price was a mistake" when apparently this auction tactic is completely planned and intentional?
3. Why suddenly an offer was given below
the BIN price outside
eBay if in fact the BIN is
4. Why there is a "You won!" confirmation of this auction if the BIN was never exceeded?
5. Why this thread even exists if this was completely on purpose?