View Single Post
      04-08-2018, 01:43 AM   #20
8500RPM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I tend to doubt the S65 ECU is set up to be E85 compatible. A flex fuel kit is probably needed. A year ago when AFD appeared, I commented that there were E85 universal kits for 1/3 to 1/2 the price. As I recall,I was told that what AFD offered was much superior. If there was E85 near me, I would seriously consider a kit but not the AFD kit. If they knew what they were doing with the S65, they would have a flex fuel tune incorporated into their pro flex commander piggyback. I gave a Vishnu Procede with meth on my S65 and it adds timing and leans the mixture when Meth is flowing and reverts to stock timing when it is not.
No the S65 DME isn't setup for Flex Fuel like late model Chevy ECU's. The AFD and EflexFuel apparently do the same exact thing. Difference is the AFD is advertised as a performance mod while the Eflexfuel is advertised as a cost/environmental mod.

Eflexfuel is universal so it doesn't come with the M3 tax, at least that's how I understand it. I hope somneone has the balls to try out the Eflexfuel kit on the S65 motor to make sure everything works correctly. $400 for the Eflexfuel is a nobrainer if it works good.
Appreciate 1
Doc Oc1423.00