04-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #10
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
There is no difference between how this kit works and how the afd kit works. There's no way to "tailor" a kit towards the M other than getting the proper injector connectors so that there is no splicing necessary. EflexFuel is a Finish company and doesn't make performance claims because they aren't selling it as a performance mod. As far as a tune goes I guess it's up to the vendor whether they'll sell you a tune or not. There's no difference in tuning for the afd kit vs the eflex, but with my car, eurocharged would not sell me a flexfuel tune because they're an afd reseller. OE will though I believe. For what it's worth, my car (c63) gained 14 rwhp at 60% ethanol without extra tuning, so it's not a huge power adder by itself, but may be more effective at higher temps when the ECU would normally pull timing. You definitely need a tailored tune to take full advantage of any of these kits though. Unfortunately I can't do that without investing in a whole new base tune plus new injectors as mine are hitting 95% duty cycle even at 60% ethanol.

So... Your saying the AFD kit and Eflexfuel kit control the injectors identically based on ethanol content. Basically all flex fuel kits regardless of brand are the same, just connectors and number of connectors?

Then, I can just buy the AFD Mustang or Corvette kit for 400 cheaper and use it for my M3 (if the injector plugs are the same).

I don't know, doesn't seem right to me, but I don't have both kits in hand to compare.

The price is very enticing for the Eflexfuel, so I hope they are the same.
Appreciate 0