AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944 View Post
He may be kind of all gods (little g) but not King or God of mankind...

Time frames in the Bible are not the same time frames of our earthly time; time meant nothing to God in numbers of years...therefore, our 1000 yrs is not God's thousand yrs persay....

There is nothing in the biblical story of Noah that says he was on a "sea," rainwater filled the area where he was for 40 days; do you not think than if omnipotent God wanted that boat to float, it would, against all odds put before man; did He not make the lame to walk, the blind to see, the dead to rise again? This feat of floating a boat would hv been easy for Him, as long as Noah had the faith to do exactly what He told him to. We cannot answer the question of exactly how many animals or insects were upon that boat.
so you believe in other deities aside from your "God?" That's a new one!

As for the difference in time, how convenient! I'm sure that the humans that wrote the Bible however, must have known that (considering back then, God spoke directly to the people all the time, right?) Or if they didn't, why would they so arbitrarily make up such a time estimate? Particularly when many of the Old Testament characters lived for many hundreds of years? You claim the Bible speaks to some other place than earth. All the editions I've read (yes, many) all started with Genesis on EARTH, with Earth's scale of time and distance.

As for making the lame walk, the blind see, David Koresh did the same thing. Was he a prophet too? Last I checked, the duped Christians that decided he was Christ re-born, all unquestionably believed in "Him," and witnessed him regularly heal the sick.

What makes their testament any different or less reliable than one passed on via oral tradition for many generations before being written down? Isn't an account recorded direct from the source in 1980 more reliable than 3,000 years of manipulation, exaggeration and personalization? Isn't the Bible, essentially the longest game of telephone ever?