03-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #40
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter

Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Repeat after me...

"I am a meat popsicle"

How does the universe differ from my fish tank? For all intents and purposes that tank IS their universe. They cannot comprehend outside of their universe. They cannot comprehend that I am human and can do what I like to them. I can snap my fingers and they will all die (or at least it would seem that way to them) when in reality I would just drop a few tablets of poison in the tank while they weren't looking. The premise is the same with God. Why is it so hard for humans to believe that we don't even have half a clue of what is really going on in this world/universe/multiverse/whatever. We are just meat popsicles, infants in this universe. We can barely roll over much less explain how the mysteries of the universe work. I think it's pretty self righteous to think otherwise.

I have yet to see God snapping his/her fingers to make everyone love each other, if I am mistaken feel free to call me out on it.
What i mean by your fish tank is different than the universe is that we cannot compare you to God. I agree that we're meat popsicles that know nothing about the universe.

I know you can kill those fishies anytime. The difference from you and God that i want to point out is that God can create the future, and you can't. You can only separate them, kill them, eat them...you get my point. God can do "anything", including making those fishies love each other. I don't see how powerful or omnipotent God is if he can't make 2 fishies fall in love.

You have not yet seen God snap his/her fingers to make everyone love each other, because God does not exist.