Australia
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
My Alternative to a Flash Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
I saw your post on e90post - looks like you'll be a guinea pig here. The Lacie has a 3400 RPM drive, and it seems to me the odds that it works well are quite high. I look forward to hearing the outcome of your test. Also, if it happens to work for you, would you mind trying it with the LONGEST USB cable you own? I figure that if it still works there's lots of margin in this HDD solution

Thanks!
OK. I am happy to report that the LaCie Little Disk (60 GB) works with the USB Audio Interface

In fact it works as well and as quickly as the Transcend JetFlash 8 GB flash drive I have been using to date. This is with about 20 GB of tracks. That is, there is no noticable slowing with a larger directory structure and different memory technology.

Is even boots up straight away when connected via a 3 metre USB extension cable.

The USB flash drive was good, but it was starting to get a little restrictive, size wise. With this new drive I now have some room to expand my listening options.

Apologies to Xcellere if this looks like a but I've been aching to use this smilie
Attached Images