Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
I must admit that I am skeptical about the purported benefits of a clear bra. My 03 E46 M3 black/grey suffers from some obvious road wear (especially in front of the rear tires) so I clearly understand the hazzards and damage of not using it.

That being said, what does this stuff really do? It prevents chips but you have a plastic film all over the car with seams/edges everywhere. In addition, if it gets removed, the paint will have an uneven wear.

IMHO, just let the paint wear.

Please offer a counter opinion or point out the error of my logic, because my brain says "protect the investment" but my heart says "it looks like HE double L"
I agree with you if your car is silver. However what if your car is black or blue or red. All the chips with orange peel really looks bad. What's worst? A bunch of orange peel in the first few months? Or eventually uneven wear. I'd say uneven wear cause that wont happen for a while. In the mean time if you travel a lot on highways those chips only get worst and worst.