02-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #55
Alpine
Major

Drives: e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
i'm not offended and i dont feel the least bit like i've been criticized for my post. i'm just trying to prompt a real response rather than the short, unsubstantiated post i got from him. he didn't even bother to show me where i'm wrong so how could i be offended?

your post was a waste of a database record...

edit: and your analogy is inaccurate. it's more like a professor giving you a C for a grade and not telling you why.

and if you could explain to me how quantum mechanics is an argument against what i said about absolute truth, i'd appreciate it. otherwise, your knowledge of science is just be as limited as mine.
You're asking for exactly the same thing I was. Something to back up his boastful claims. Every post consists of condescending shouting and extreme opinions with no evidence. Even after I specifically asked for it on more than one occasion.

His one arguement is that the bible is a book. Yes. So is a dictionary. So is an encyclopedia. But we take those as fact, too. Why is it so hard to believe that something in a book can actually be true? I won't even bother to cite references in the Bible that affirm its validity, because e90im never reads them, responds to them, or even briefly mentions them.

This whole thread has become nothing but him shouting back calling Christians, and anyone else of faith, stupid, without backing up any claims. This guy would get destroyed in court or in any real intellectual debate- especially at my university.