View Single Post
      02-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #47
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I'm not a new Christian. I've been posting in the Christian forums since last summer, and I was saved nearly 15 years ago. So now you can READ MY POSTS.

Dictionary.com defines religion as:

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:

So you're telling me that atheism isn't a set of beliefs? You're telling me that an atheist is completely excluded from being considered a person adhering to a particular set of beliefs? Hardly. You keep firing back at me, but do your own research. According to the definition, it is a religion. It's the religion of not believing anything. Argue with the definition if you want, I didn't write it.

And who said that to be a religion you had to get together and talk about it and that you had to play chess with someone to be considered religious? Sorry, but that's stupid. And of course you don't get together to talk about God. Why would you? You don't believe He exists...

You keep saying that the Bible is just this random book. Do your research and find that this little book has survived over 2,000 years, and is to date one of the most historically accurate accounts ever taken. Especially in the New Testament, the scriptures depict accurate accounts that even archaeologists cannot disprove. I'll be happy to cite real concrete evidence to back this up if you'd like. The Bible will withstand whatever you throw at it.

See, that's what you keep thinking! e90im, in all respect, you have YET to give me one piece of CONCRETE evidence that disproves Christianity. You have yet to even give me any evidence at all! All you do is criticize, be incredibly disrespectful, and then get on YOUR high horse, and act like you're the smartest person in the world. If you want to gain any credibility in this thread, start citing evidence. Show me where the Bible has been disproved. Show me your scientific truths that say there is no God. If you're not going to cite evidence, then you have no argument. I cite the Bible just like I would cite a scientific journal. As fact. Where's your evidence? The only thing you've said throughout this entire thread has been your own personal opinion.

You haven't shot down anything except your own credibility.
Where do I beginÖ

1. Religious non believers (atheists) DO NOT believe in purpose of the
Universe, superhuman agency and do NOT have rituals
2. No sects in atheism
3. All the beliefs we have are supported by physical evidence
So, how does all this qualify Atheism as a religion?

You totally misunderstood my chess player analogy. I am not an atheist or a non chess player or anything that I AM NOT. I canít be defined as something Iím NOT. The term atheist is a label that means non-believer in God.

Here is your logic: Atheism is a set of beliefs. Religion is a set of beliefs. Therefore atheism is a religion. It's the religion of not believing anything, yet itís a set of beliefs!!!

DO YOU SEE HOW BIZZARE AND LOGICALLY FALSE THIS IS???

Unfortunately, you and the like lack basic critical thinking skills. Our education system is to blame.

I donít have to disprove Christianity. You have to prove that JC is son of God and that God exist. The burden of proof is on you, since you made the claim in the first place.

By your logic I can claim that I have a red dragon living in my garage and itís you job to disprove it!

EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE, NOT A BOOK AND WISHFULL THINKING!

Bible is a BOOK!!! Books are man made. Unless there is evidence, not hearsay or anecdotal, it cannot be considered as evidence any more that Lord of The Rings or Quran.

Do you ever ask yourself if 1.5 billion (with a B) are crazy? Or Hindu?

Itís interesting that Jesus saved you, yet he lets babies starve every dayÖ.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States